The ball mill generates noise of up to about 100 ~ 115dB when working, which is very harmful to the operator and the surrounding environment. How to Control the Ball Mill Noise? Read on to find out.
If you would like to buy a ball mill, contact us, a quick respond.
What is the ball mill noise?
Ball mill noise is mainly mechanical noise caused by the collision between the metal ball in the drum and the cylinder wall liner and the processed material. The intensity of the ball mill noise is related to the diameter and speed of the ball mill, as well as the nature and blockiness of the material. Ball mill noise is basically steady-state noise, with a wide frequency band, and low, medium, and high-frequency components have high sound energy. The larger the diameter, the stronger the low-frequency component.
How to reduce the noise?
1) Add a sound insulation cover. The steel frame is adopted, and the ball mill uses a thin steel plate as its outer shell. The damping layer is filled with ultra-fine glass wool or other sound-absorbing materials to seal the entire ball mill. Because the ball mill generates a lot of heat during operation, the ball mill must pay attention to solving the heat dissipation in the hood and facilitating equipment maintenance.
(2) Set the elastic layer. The ball mill lays a heat-resistant soft rubber mat between the inner surface of the ball mill drum and the liner. To prevent the soft rubber mat from overheating, a 10-15 mm thick industrial felt is placed between the ball mill liner and the soft rubber mat. The ball mill can Reduce the ball mill noise below the allowable standard.
(3) The ball mill uses a rubber liner instead of a manganese steel liner. The noise level can be reduced by 9dB (A), and the frequency spectrum characteristics of the ball mill are also changed from high frequency to low frequency. Ball mill design soundproof room.
(4) If the conditions permit, centralize the ball mill in a special ball mill room, and transform the ball mill room into a special sound insulation room, the effect will be better than the sound insulation cover, but must pay attention to solving the ball mill operation monitoring, indoor heat dissipation and maintenance problem.
(5) Enclose a sound insulation layer on the drum wall. A 50mm-thick industrial felt is wrapped around the drum mill’s wall, and 1.5mm thick steel plate is used as a protective surface, and it is fixed on the outer wall of the drum with bolts. The actual sound insulation value is about 12dB (A). If the two ends of the drum are also treated in the same way, the joints wrapped on the drum wall are sealed, and the sound insulation effect may be improved.
Contact our engineer for on-site help.