The cyclone dust collector applies to remove non-viscous and non-fibrous dust, mostly used to remove particles above 5μm. It can be used for ventilation in mining, metallurgy, refractory materials, and coal, chemical, and electric power industries. The dust removal and material recovery system is especially suitable for the initial purification of high-temperature flue gas.
The cyclone dust collector consists of an intake pipe, an exhaust pipe, a cylinder, a cone, and an ash hopper. The main factors affecting the dust removal performance are the diameter, height, shape, and size of the air inlet and outlet.
①High-efficiency cyclone dust collector: Whose cylinder diameter is small, is used to separate fine dust, and the dust removal efficiency is above 95%.
② Large-flow cyclone dust collector: It has a large diameter cylinder, which handles a large gas flow, and its dust removal efficiency is above 50-80%.
③Universal cyclone dust collector: With moderate air volume due to different structures, the dust removal efficiency fluctuates between 70-85%.
④Explosion-proof cyclone dust collector: Its explosion-proof valve has an explosion-proof function.
- According to the structural form, we can divide it into the long cone, cylinder, diffusion type, and bypass type.
- According to the combination and installation situation, we divide it into the inner cyclone dust collector, outer cyclone dust collector, vertical and horizontal type, and single-cylinder and multi-tube cyclone dust collector.
- According to the introduction of airflow, we can divide it into cut-flow reversing cyclone dust collector and axial flow cyclone dust collector.
Advantages of Cyclone Dust Collectors
(1) Simple structure & low cost.
(2) No moving parts & easy maintenance.
(3) High-temperature resistance. For example, it can withstand temperatures up to 400 °C and higher temperatures if high-temperature resistant materials are used.
(4) Dust collection for high-pressure gas. It can withstand high (positive and negative) pressure for dust collection of high-pressure gas.
(5) Purifies flue gas containing highly abrasive dust. Cover the dust collector with a wear-resistant lining that can use to purify the flue gas containing high abrasive dust.
Disadvantages of Cyclone Dust Collectors
(1) The efficiency of capturing fine dust (less than 5μm) is not high
(2) Since the dust collection efficiency decreases with the diameter of the cylinder increases when the air volume is large, multiple cyclone dust collectors must be used. The dust collection performance will be significantly affected if the setting is improper.
【Cyclone Dust Collector Structure】
Cyclone dust collector shell is composed of an outer cylinder and cone. The top of the outer cylinder is closed, and there is an air duct in the center. The gas inlet pipe is located on the side of the cylinder and is tangent to the outer cylinder. The bottom of the cone is provided with an ash bin and an airlock gate.
The dust-laden gas enters the device at high speed (usually 12-25m/s) from the air inlet along the tangential direction of the outer cylinder. It produces strong rotational motion along the annular space outside the inner cylinder (exhaust pipe). , divided into two swirling airflows, upward and downward. The upward airflow reaches the top cover and then swirls below. Due to the limitation of the inner and outer circles and the top surface, the downward airflow makes a top-down spiral motion between the inner and outer cylinders to form an external swirling flow. During the rotation, most of the dust particles are thrown to the periphery of the cylinder under the action of inertial centrifugal force, hitting the wall of the container, losing kinetic energy, sliding down the wall of the container, and falling into the ash bin. The dust particles accumulated in the ash bin are automatically discharged through the gate. When the outer swirl flow rotates and descends with the bottom of the cone, it turns back and rotates to rising, forming an inner swirl with a bottom-up spiral motion, and is discharged from the top as a purified gas through the central exhaust pipe.
|Inlet Size(mm)||Import Wind Speed(m/s)||Equipment Resistance(pa)||Dust Removal Efficiency(%)||Dimensions (mm)|
Contact Us Now
If you have some questions about our products, please feel free to fill out the form below, and we will contact you within 24 hours. Rest assured that we won’t reveal your information to anyone.