A roller screen is also called trommel screen and drum screen.
The roller screen with shaft is a special screening equipment developed for power plant, coking plant, building materials, metallurgy, chemical industry, mining and other industries. It overcomes the screen sticking and blocking problems of various vibrating screens when screening wet materials, and improves the output and reliability of the screening system. It is suitable for screening materials of various properties, as well as damp and easily blocked materials such as coal, coal gangue, coke, quicklime, etc.,
The shaftless roller screen adopts shaftless structure, which has the following advantages:
- Large capacity, strong separation ability, non clogging screen hole and accurate particle size separation.
- Fully sealed structure, no dust, no pollution.
- The drum screen is equipped with broken bag props inside, which is reliable without winding. Shaftless drum screening machine is an important screening equipment in waste treatment line.
So, what’s the difference between roller screen with shaft and roller screen without shaft? Let’s settle accounts from three aspects.
Roller screen with shaft working principle
The drum unit is tilted to the frame. The motor is connected with the drum device through coupling through the reducer, and the driving roller device rotates around its axis. When the material enters the drum body, the material on the screen surface is turned over and rolled due to the tilt and rotation of the drum device. So that the qualified materials- material size is smaller than the screen size (products under screen) are discharged through the discharge port at the bottom of the back end of the drum. And the unqualified materials – material size is larger than the screen size(products on screen) are discharged through the discharge port at the end of the drum. Due to the material turning and rolling in the drum, the material stuck in the screen hole can be ejected to prevent the screen hole from blocking. The principle structure of roller sand screen, drum screen separator and roller screen is almost the same, which is the difference of people’s understanding and calling.
Roller screen without shaft working principle
The roller device of the non axial drum screen is inclined to be installed on the frame, and the structure design of the non central shaft is adopted. The motor drives the pinion engaged to rotate with the big gear of the drum or the chain is engaged with the gear on the drum. The motor drives the chain transmission or the roller is placed on two supporting rollers, and the motor drives the idler drive. The drum device is driven by the driving device. When the material enters the drum device, the material on the screen surface is turned over and rolled due to the tilt and rotation of the drum device. So that the qualified materials – material size is smaller than the screen size(screen down products) are discharged through the discharge port at the bottom of the back end of the drum. And the unqualified materials – material size is larger than the screen size(screen products) are discharged through the discharge port at the end of the drum. Due to the material turning and rolling in the drum, the material stuck in the screen hole can be ejected to prevent the screen hole from blocking.
Roller screen with shaft applications
- The stone yard is used for grading and separating soil and stone powder;
- The sand field is used for separation of sand and stone;
- Coal industry is used for separation of lump coal and coal powder and coal washing (an integral part of coal washing machinery);
- Chemical industry and mineral processing industry are used for classification of large and small blocks and separation of powdery substances.
Roller screen without shaft applications
- Itis mainly used for the classification of ribbon and winding materials
- It is widely used in the production industries of power, mine, metallurgy, building materials, chemical industry, etc.
- It is commonly used in the classification of refractory, coal, fertilizer, sand field stones, as well as the selection of viscous wet materials such as coal, coke, white ash, sand and gold ore, so as to make the product structure more uniform to meet the production needs.
Compared with the drum screen with central shaft, the structure of the drum screen without shaft is simpler. At the end of the drum screen close to the vibration motor, several steel bars are welded around the drum evenly, and the other end of the steel bars is converged to the central axis of the drum. After being fixed, the vibration motor is connected through gears. When the vibration motor is started, the drum will rotate. The same screening principle as roller screen with shaft. Shaftless roller screen is relatively more material saving, screening material space is larger, when the drum failure maintenance is relatively easy, so the use of shaftless roller screen is also very much. For example, for domestic waste pretreatment, it can screen out the required waste. The advantage of shaftless is that it can avoid the entanglement of materials, and the screening efficiency is relatively high.